At Koru Vets we have dedicated, experienced nurses available for Nurse Clinics.
The idea of these clinics is to provide our clients with a familiar and friendly face, with whom they feel they can discuss any issues involving their animals.
Nurses are happy to spend as much time as necessary with pets and owners and are available for such things as:
- Pet Health Checks-for all ages and species.
- New puppy or kitten checks and advice
- To discuss control of fleas and other parasites.
- Routine dental checks, and dental care advice. Including rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Geriatric/Older pet Clinics- a basic health check with an optional blood test, blood pressure check.
- Diabetic Support Clinics. We are happy to discuss any issues surrounding diabetic pets and can help with blood glucose monitoring.
- Small animal husbandry advice for rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries.
- Basic training, and behavioural advice for young or old. Our Puppy Party Team has a special interest in the area.
- Nail clipping for cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs.
- Blood pressure checks/ routine monitoring.
- Suture removal and post-operative care and advice
- Dressing changes
- Weight management consultations for over or underweight pets
- Nutritional advice to discuss diets of all types, including prescription food
- Ear cleaning
- Routine blood sampling
- Breeding advice
- Administration of medicines which have been prescribed by a Vet- all nurses are happy to do this and it is useful for example, for people with difficult cats.
- To discuss euthanasia- A sympathetic ear to explain the procedure and options available.
Nurse clinics are usually by appointment only between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, however, our staff are always happy to provide you with any information or advice regarding any of the above.
For further information, or to book an appointment, please contact us on :
0800 VETCALL or 572 4200